We are very pleased about your interest in our project. Data protection is of particular importance for the management of board of the GALACTIC project.
When you use this website, we process your personal data as data controllers and save them for the duration required to fulfill the defined purposes and legal obligations. The sections below provide further details about the data this involves, how they will be processed and which rights you have in this regard.
Personal data, as defined by Article 4 (1) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) include all information related to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- a) personal data
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter the “data subject”). A natural person is considered to be identifiable who, directly or indirectly, in particular by association with an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or one or more special features, expresses the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of this natural person can be identified.
- b) affected person
Affected person is any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data is processed by the LZH.
- c) processing
Processing means any process or series of operations related to personal data, such as collecting, organizing, storing, adapting or modifying, reading, querying, using, with or without the aid of automated procedures; disclosure by submission, dissemination or other form of provision, reconciliation or association, restriction, erasure or destruction.
- d) restriction of processing
Restriction of the processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim to limit their future processing.
- e) profiling
Profiling is any kind of automated processing of personal data that consists in using that personal information to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects relating to job performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, whereabouts or relocation of that natural person.
- f) pseudonymization
Pseudonymization is the processing of personal data in such a way that personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the need for additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separate and subject to technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data not assigned to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- g) responsible person or the controller
The responsible person or controller is the natural or legal person, public authority, facility or body that, alone or joint with others, decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data. Where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union law or the law of the Member States, the controller or the specific criteria for his designation may be provided for under Union or national law.
- h) processors
The processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body that processes personal data on behalf of the LZH.
- i) receiver
Recipient is a natural or legal person, agency, agency or other entity to whom Personal Data is disclosed, whether or not it is a third party. However, authorities which may receive personal data under European Union or national law in connection with a particular mission are not considered as beneficiaries.
- j) third party
Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, facility or body other than the data subject, the LZH, the processor and the persons authorized under the direct responsibility of the LZH or the processor to process the personal data.
- k) consent
Consent is any voluntarily given and unambiguously expressed in the form of a statement or other unambiguous confirmatory act by the data subject for the particular case, by which the data subject indicates that they consent to the processing of the personal data concerning him / her is.
2. Name and address of the controller
The controller according to the General Data Protection Regulation, to other data protection laws in the member states of the European Union and other provisions with data protection character is:
3. Name and address of the data protection officer
The data protection officer of the LZH is:
Any affected person can contact our data protection officer at any time with any questions or suggestions regarding data protection.
4. Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of the Data Processing
You may access our website without having to disclose any details of your identity. The browser installed on your device automatically transmits information to the server of our website (e.g. browser type and version, date and time of access) to enable connection with the website, including the IP address of your requesting terminal device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file and deleted after 30 days.
Your IP address is processed for technical and administrative purposes regarding connection set-up and stability, to guarantee the security and functioning of our website and to be able to track any illegal attacks on the website, if required.
The legal basis for processing the IP address is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest ensues from said security interest and the necessity of the unobstructed availability of our website.
We cannot draw any direct conclusions about your identity from processing the IP address and other information in the log file.
5. Transfer of Data
If we forward personal data collected through websites to processors, we will notify you in this data protection information regarding the respective data processing operation, citing the specific recipient.
Aside from that, we will only forward your personal data if
- you have given consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR;
- this is required pursuant to Article 6 (1) lit. b GDPR for the performance of a contract with you (for example forwarding to shipping companies for the purpose of delivering goods ordered by you, or forwarding payment information to payment service providers or credit institutions in order to process a payment transaction);
- there is a legal obligation for disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR.
The recipients may use the transferred data for the above-mentioned purposes only.
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
This website uses only technically necessary cookies that allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.
7. Social Plugins
We use so-called social media buttons (also called social media plug-ins) on our website. These are small icons which you can use to share the contents of our website in your profile on social networks.
If you activate such an icon, a connection is established between our website and the social network. In addition to the contents in question, the operator of the social network obtains further, partly personal information. For example, this includes the fact that you are currently visiting our site.
The social media buttons are integrated using the so-called Shariff solution. This solution prevents your device from establishing a link to the social network merely because you visit a website featuring a social plugin button without clicking on it. This means that information is only transmitted to the social network when you activate the button.
We integrate the following social plug-ins on our website:
a) Facebook Ireland Limited: Sharing on Facebook
Information is partly transmitted to the parent company Facebook Inc., headquartered in the USA. This company complies with the data protection regulations of the U.S. Privacy Shield and is registered with the U.S. Privacy Shield Program of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
b) Twitter International Company: Sharing on Twitter
Information is partly transmitted to the parent company Twitter Inc., headquartered in the USA. This company complies with the data protection regulations of the U.S. Privacy Shield and is registered with the U.S. Privacy Shield Program of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
c) LinkedIn Corporation: Sharing on LinkedIn
8. Your Rights as Affected Person
You have the following rights:
- pursuant to Art. 7(3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time. This means that we may not continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to obtain access to your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, and the envisaged period for which the data will be stored. Moreover, you have the right to request rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing, to object to processing, the right to lodge a complaint, and to obtain information about the source of your data if they were not collected by us, as well as about the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to obtain the rectification of inaccurate data or the completion of your personal data without undue delay;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to obtain the erasure of personal data saved by us unless processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of the personal data, or if we no longer need the personal data while you still require it for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims, or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit those data to another controller and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. Generally, you may contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, place of work or the registered offices of our organization.
Information on your right to object pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. e GDPR (data processing carried out in the public interest) and Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR (data processing for purposes of legitimate interests).
If you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If your objection is directed against the processing of data for the purpose of direct marketing, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not necessary. This includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing.
If you would like to assert your right to object, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Data Security
All your personal data are transmitted in encrypted format, using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) standard. TLS is a secure and proven standard that is also used, for instance, in online banking. You will recognize a secure TLS connection by the additional s after http (i.e., https://..) in the address bar of your browser or by the lock icon in the lower part of your browser.
In all other regards, we use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulations, partial or complete loss, destruction, or the unauthorized access of third parties. We continuously improve our security measures in accordance with the state of the art.
10. Timeliness and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
This data protection information was last updated in March 2020.
It may become necessary to change this data protection information due to the further development of our website and its offers or on account of amended legal or official requirements.